Friday, July 30, 2010

Cache Cave

For the Bishop's devotional on Sunday we went up to Corlan's ranch and hiked up to Cache cave where we learned about the early pioneers.


The trip to Cache Cave was inspiring to me. To see one of the actual places we know the first group of pioneers visited as well as those that followed was very moving. The names they engraved on the walls of the cave left a powerful testimony of their presence and told of their persistance in traveling to a place they didn't know and had never seen. I hope I can be a faithful in my journey through life. My trip might not be a physical one, but for me it is just as hard.

I'm thankful for my pioneer heritage and the opportunity to feel a very small part of what they experienced. - Bro. Kennington


The view from the cave was amazing and it was wonderful to get out of the hot sun. I loved seeing the past written on the walls as it affects our world today. I also loved hiking around the cave and looking down one particular hole in the roof. It was an adventure! A few of us also got to taste/drink fresh water from a spring. It was so clear and delicious. I couldn't tell the difference between it and the bottled water I held in my other hand. - Aubrey



No comments:

Post a Comment