Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Bee Prepared: Yogurt
Recipe Name: Homemade Granola
Source: Karalea Richards
Food Category: Breakfast
From: Anna Manwaring
4 cup oatmeal
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raisins (black or yellow)
1 cup crasins or dried cherries
1 cup bran flakes
1 cup instant powdered milk
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup walnuts/pecans
Heat oven to 325° and spray two large cookie sheets with Pam. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl thoroughly. In a small saucepan, over medium high heat mix the following ingredients: ½ cup water, ½ cup olive oil, 1 cup honey, ¼ cup pure maple. Heat until hot, but not boiling. Pour over dry mix and coat completely. Spread on cookie sheets and bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy.
This recipe is super easy and all of the ingredients store really well for long periods of time, perfect start to your food storage. Also, this website (http://www.makeyourownyogurt.com) is the best that I've found for homemade yogurt instructions. I did A LOT of trial and error experiments making this stuff so if you're interested in doing it let me know and I would be happy to offer a few tips. I've dreamed and stressed and lost sleep over making yogurt but you don't have to! About the third time making it I realized it was alot more simple than I was making it out to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment