The YSA Region Activity at Solitude was Bang-o-Rang! It couldn't have been a more beautiful day to be up in the mountains. At the base of the lift there were shaded tables set up with yummy sack lunch items. We packed up our lunches and some of us ate them at the base of the hill and had a picnic. Others of us took our lunches up the lift and enjoyed them on the mountain side.
We were able to take the ski lift up the mountain side and hike up to Lake Solitude. Some of us took our mountain bikes up the lift and rode them down. Others of us ran down the mountain trails to get the heart rate going. There were a few adventurous souls who decided not to take a trail and just go exploring! Again, what a perfect time of year to enjoy the Utah outdoors! - Marchelle
The Solitude activity was great. My favorite part was hiking after riding the lift. Our group took a trail that was really not a trail but an old rock slide. I was ready to turn back when Debbie Curtis shouted "I see the trail!" as she pointed down a steep grade. I questioned the wisdom of our route as I was sliding down a mountain on my pockets. However, we did reach the real trail and contined on our way to solitude lake. (By the way, solitude lake is really a pond, but a fun hike.) I also enjoyed all the ironic jokes about the singles meeting at solitude for an activity. As if we don't experience "solitude" enough. - Kristin
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment